Small independent publisher seeks a part-time intern to read submitted manuscripts from the slush pile and provide written reports, handle light administrative work, and complete special publishing projects as needed or interest dictates.
Length of Internship:
2-3 months – June 5, 2017 through August 11, 2017
The ideal candidate will be an organized, detail-oriented individual who is articulate with an avid interest in children’s literature, along with the following skillset:
- Excellent reading, writing skills, and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- A knack for online research
- Exceptional social media management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
The summer intern will devote their time to a plethora of tasks including (but not limited to):
- Readers reports (1 page book reports) on assigned young adult and middle grade books of submitted manuscripts or comparative title research
- Social media account management (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Office administrative help and various marketing and outreach research projects, as needed
*Remote/telecommute not available
Application Due Date:
May 20, 2017
How To Apply:
Please submit both resume and cover letter as Word attachments in an e-mail with the subject line “Summer 2017 Internship” to the attention of Meegan Morgan at Meegan [at] tanglewoodbooks [dot] com.
Applications that do not follow the above instructions will be disregarded.